Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I'm COVID-19 ( Poem) by Modou Lamin AGE-ALMUSAF Sowe


       Photo: The first regional online round table on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on human rights and the rule of law


Dear world,
Is me, COVID-19
Call me the Coronavirus pandemic if you wish
I'm the destroyer of lives
The enemy of your wishes
The sickest virus on and offline
I'm an alien
Take precautions
Better watch your mouth because what you say about me can endanger you.

You heard I'm from Wuhan, China
Because I'm related to Satan
I don't die I multiply and then come and divide you
So, what if you get a vaccine?
I don't give a fuck about it
I'll take every dose and every fuck about it
You better wear a face mask properly
Wash your hands regularly, and observe social distancing
Get it; I've come to stay

Don't you see that this whole world is my graveyard?
I walk around in airports
Canceled public gatherings
I'm a scientist
I invented face masks


I forcefully closed your schools, closed your churches, and mosques
I prevented writers from writing new books
I gave more patients to doctors
And declared global lockdowns
You better be careful when you spell my name!
I kill faster than light
I willingly do this with great delight
I spread dangerously in thick capital letters
I don't promise tomorrow
Because I don't even pay what I borrowed
Check my footsteps looks like there was a couple of me
I just killed a mother and her child shouted "mommy!"
I don't spare anyone as long as you're not vaccinated
I eat your life like a cheesecake
Until the world fights me, you're not all safe.




        Picture copyright: EMERGING HUMAN TRAFFICKING TRENDS IN THE FACE OF COVID-19


Follow me on Instagram and TIKTOK:



My special wishes to you! To schedule or book me for public lectures/ book launches/ conferences/ readings/ scriptwriting/ keynote/motivational speaking events, please email:
 modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com 

 © All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to use any of my articles for research, lectures, personal use, etc.,.. kindly address your message to: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without written permission is an infringement of Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...