Tuesday, September 5, 2017

BALLOON OF FAME (Poetry)






Holding on a vertical stretch
In creative writing 'n literature
Silent, but born exactly in my nature
Being unheard
And unsupported
For being African
Yet Gambian

I entangled left 'n right
Turned olding days to new years
Old writings in to modern African literature
Like a blown balloon
Sighting a new crescent from afar
The 22nd Century not far
I felt a tremor of an appraisal wave
Swollen in new African valves, rotten with dignity


Dribbling with my senses whether to laugh or cry
I remained constant:
As the wind of death blows intermittently
When my comrades who were always invincible
Shaded tears of joyous-sadness
For mourning Chinua Achebe
Celebrating Wole Sonyinka 'n Chimamanda Ngozi Adechie

For the first time in my entire life
I wish to live long to witness
The clap of my heart
Congratulating African hard work
For the age of new technology in literature
Death is but must!
Will I live to witness this glory I labored for?
In pain 'n sweat
Alone 'n in underestimation
In hunger 'n poverty



My eyes swum with tears of sorrow
 To the depth of my happy ocean 
I sank in the rivulets of dejected honor
Swimming in success, yet unsuccessful
 In the ocean of education, but uneducated
Reaching the rim of the world 
But still in Africa
On a cross highway, next to a round-about
I became a robot

My legs got frozen against my wishes
The yellow color on a traffic light
 Held my muscles 'n plight
My strength became the green-light for my passage
Upon reaching the stairs
Stairs of my sweat but not sweating
I felt that one blood of a person
 Can be a poison to another
Many have been denied by my intelligence to clap for


The amount of food a farmer eats is what he grew
As the microphone prostrated before me
Tears burned in my eyes
My voice betrayed my lips for hearing a crack in my speech
My eyes beamed before my audience
Love engulf my elbow
Speaking next to my neighbour
Weakness told me don't speak
Literature said: 'write'
I became noble in the ribs of nobility
For being alive but will die
 But wish to witness
The new West African writer 
To win the Nobel Prize for Literature 







All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to extract any of my articles for personal use, research, lectures, etc, kindly address your messages to modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without a written permission to me is an infringement of Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...