Wednesday, October 11, 2017

THE HOPE THAT CRIED ( A Poem)



When our love was so young 'n fresh
We blossom from the family tree
You implanted your seeds into my womb
I gave you five splendid sons
I loved you to the depth of my heart


Until my hope cried
You broke your vows
What did she has that I lacked?
Am I not a woman?
You promised to love only me

I have never known a man except you
You met me as a virgin, pure 'n stainless
Now that my bones are old- 'n' my skin withered
You married a woman among women
We've fought 'n we quarrelled,
With so many reasons to leave you


But I cling on you like a child
Behold in my spirit 'n patient
You made my legs your home
Until I am use to only you
Why should you abandon me with my children?


Please! 
For the sake of our children; don’t leave me
Don’t make me to regret ever loving you
Remember so many fine men proposed to me
With their cash and kind
 I rejected them all for you
I love only you until you have
You threw me apart 'n forgot you past
When you used to live from hand to mouth



Had I known, I would have left you the way you were
Now that I am an orphan
Have nobody else but you
You have chosen to ostracize me
You sank me further into my miseries
You precipitated me into worries
The Lord shall judge between us


All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to extract any of my articles for personal use, research, lectures, etc, kindly address your messages to: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without a written permission to, is an infringement of Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...