Friday, October 15, 2021

Damaged Love written by Haddy Jobe




Some years have passed by, 
Some moments of joy and sadness have flown away, 
Some people I loved became strangers, 
Some friends became enemies, 
Betrayal was never a stranger to me, 
Life wasn’t easy, as I kept thinking about all the mistakes I've made. 

When I trust, trust is broken. 
When I love, they stop loving. 
To find the answers to my questions was all I ever wanted. 
But, then, I never did forget the damage of love. 
I was slowly loosing myself; 
My own strength became my weaknesses;
The world never stopped breaking my heart. 
I now looked at my past and laugh at how silly I once was. 
To live, to love, and to be loved, was all I ever wanted.

 I miss you more than I thought I would. 
But, then, again, the fear of rejection holds me back.
I cried more than I taught I would.
But this journey of love and war never stopped colliding.
Life teaches,
Time heals,
But these wounds will never heal.
I am entangled in a battle:
A battle of fear and rejection.
My pain can’t be hidden anymore;
Once lovers, now strangers.
My love for you has locked me in a dungeon 
In which I will never escape.



SHORT BIOGRAPHY:

Haddy Jobe was born on 15 December 2002 in Barra, North Bank Region (NBR), The Gambia. 

Haddy is a young passionate writer who wants to make difference in her community and uplift the voices of Gambian women.

She writes poetry and her first poem is titled “Damaged Love”. 

She wants to be a renowned author in her country and beyond.

Her writings always touches the heart, they are enjoyable to read, and easily relatable.



My special wishes to you! To schedule or book me for public lectures/ book launches/ conferences/ readings/ scriptwriting/ keynote/motivational speaking events, please email: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com

 © All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to use any of my articles for research, lectures, personal use, etc.,.. kindly address your message to: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without written permission is an infringement of Copyright.

1 comment:

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...