Thursday, July 27, 2017

PENMANSHIP (Poetry)


Voyaging in literature,
 I went sailing in penmanship
A priapism of my nature;
A scholar without a scholarship
I write in oceans, streams ‘n seas;

An African-European lettered Gambian intellect
Shading light in your every darkness
I listed your choice of books ‘n said what next?
I wish the grammatical mistakes in my book
Turn history’s sweetness--

Must I write what’s already written?
Nor I'll rewrite what’s likely to be told 'n written
Creativity whispered to my ears
 And said: ''read''I listened,
She said: ''read'', I said I am reading;

'Don’t mind the grammar
 But the knowledge you're giving
It’s only an official language
English is not your mother tongue;
Accept the criticism you must receive 'n receiving.'

But do not take what you've not given
When they speak, be contented ‘n listen--
The world’s best intellectuals from creation
 Haven’t reached higher institutions;
They served mankind from their God given perceptions,

Writing told me you’re not an exception
But exempted in an unknown detention
By jealousy ‘n underestimation
Even in your nation,
Don’t care if they argue for or against your motion.

Writing is God given talent cherish your penmanship
You only write to inform, entertain ‘n educate
What if I even mean to advocate?
My manuscripts would not die 'n decay,
In my brain ‘n yours is not the same

Disgraceful I felt the shame,
                     ''I literature!, I am ashamed
For not giving you good readership ‘n fame
Why are you so down to earth ‘n tame?
But your readers know you’re not lame
Write ‘n published ‘n play in the game.''


Whether you do good or bad;
 People must talk,
Do good ‘n let them talk;
Get them dissolve in your brain like a chalk.
When the time comes,
They will discover you ‘n change
Is not you!
Only God can bring this change

 Hoping to witness that day.





All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to extract any of my articles for personal use, research, lectures, etc, kindly address your messages to modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without a written permission to me is an infringement of Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...