Thursday, January 31, 2019

Marriage Anniversary Poem for Gambian Women





This week on my BLOG, I would like to dedicate a very special marriage anniversary poem to all Gambian women living anywhere in the world.

Nothing is more thrilling than the unforgettable joy of celebrating one's marriage anniversary. The sweet memories with in-laws, family, and friends, the honeymoon, and happiness remain in us forever. Although I am not married yet- and have no idea as to how married women feel on their anniversary-- I want to put a bright smile on the faces of Gambian women known for their patience and tolerance in their matrimonial homes.

Wishing y'all a happy marriage life and ever-lasting happiness!





Let me celebrate the yesteryear of our present life
When I became your darling wife
We've had our share of ups and downs
There were times when all you could do is make me frown
Through the midst of them, our relationship has grown
Yet through the clouds of love, together we've flown
You helped me out whenever your help I sought
You even apologized whenever it was not your fault
I can see the love you have for me in everything you do
No matter how much we may fight
Your consideration is my plight
I told you or not
I haven't told you yet
What you mean to me
Beyond you in my life
There is nothing left to see
You are the best, my husband
Chosen for me amongst the rest
With you, I feel so glad
Loving you to Jannah makes me mad
A replica of the Raheem in Rahman
A pious servant of Ar-Rahman
The best of men in a man
What is an ideal life partner?
For me, it's only you
YES, you heard it right
With you, I am so me
I feel no fright
In your hands, my future is bright

You hold my hand when I get scared
You're holy and sacred
I hope you understand
Your sorrow I'll never withstand
With you, I feel so blessed
There is nothing to pretend
Thanks for coming into my life
I am glad to be your wife
Every time I see you
Is like I miss you
Every time I see your face
A thought crosses my mind,
I am so lucky to have you in my life
Coz you are so caring and kind
Your eye reflects in me
That it's only you I want

Thank you today
As things are the same as yesterday
But, I want you to know this day:
What you mean to me
To me, you are my world
There is nothing more to see
Life is perfect with you
The positivity that your love surrounds
You are the reason, to which I suffice
For the Godly beauty in your face
It's been so long in our marriage
You love me for my pain and miscarriage
It's been so far

This journey with you has been wonderful so far
You give me everything that I desire
You are the one I admire
You are my superstar
Please never go far
If paradise rests in your hands
I'll never go to hell
For the feeling, I felt I must tell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...