Thursday, May 20, 2021

Love After Heartbreak Poem by Modou Lamin Age-Almusaf Sowe



I got grief in my eyes
Salt in my knees, sugar in my blood, hurt but still laugh
Fall in love but still love you, but love isn't kind
Musa, go but never mind
I shouted for a voice, not mine
Jumped ahead of time
I cried tears of patrol, seen nights full of you
Burnt into ashes, I hate the news broadcast
Tell that to the weather forecast
Some things are better off forgotten
But I better not forget you
I wished I never knew a version of love like yours
Do you wanna know how many times I tore myself apart?
Does it make you feel alive?
To break my heart
I had to die to finally let you go
The sun misses me out b'cos of your moon
To me, every morning is not noon, even this afternoon
A story gets rewritten so blasphemous
But I made Jesus walk, I am not afraid to go to hell
And you were so perfectly imperfect, but I love your imperfections



Bae,
I felt an exasperation of pain inside my abdomen
Your love was such a bad omen
But I loved you with all the torments
Reminiscing the moments of love
We kissed, the places we visited, the food I cooked for you
You met me heartbroken
You loved me and left me broken
Is this what love is all about?
After all the feelings you've awoken
I've got parts of me I'm trying to lose
My love for you, even GRTS cannot news
 I got my imperfections but love is not perfect
My love has scars I can't hide
This pain I cannot write
Hold on Bae!
Am tryna put you on the shelf to myself
But the voices in my head
Made me so sick in bed
But before I end, I cannot bend, I must, but pen
Depression and anxiety
Kept externally, surfaced on the outside
I need to learn to love myself before I can fall in love
I can't hold your heart when I'm fixing mine
 I wish you were mine
You know you got the key to my heart
Why break the padlock? 
If I ain't claiming your kingship tell me who deserves the title
I'm Oumie, am not Isatou, why date Fatou?
Your throat dry from the pain she puts you in
But you still love me and you know I sink you in
I'm inhuman for us humans
If I were not a witch, I would have been eaten by GAMBIAN lizards
I love you so much and is the picture I paint
Love me with all my imperfections
Much as you would like me to do the same for you




Thanks for visiting my blog. Let me know what you think about my writings. I really do appreciate your feedback. Ring or text +220 7204117/5951978/7791631 or email: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...