Saturday, January 6, 2018

STATEMENT ON THE OCCASION OF MY 28TH BIRTHDAY ( 7 January 2018)

All Praises be to ALLAH, the One, the All-Powerful, the Forgiver, Most Gracious and Most Merciful.

I bear witness that Muhammad Ibn Abdallah ( blessings and peace of ALLAH be upon him) is the Best of Creation and Messenger of God, who guides to the Right Path and I testify my believe in all other messengers and prophets of God: from Adam to Isa, Jesus ( peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon them).


On this occasion of my Twenty-Eight year Birthday,
I would like to extend my deepest and warmest regards to my few loyal friends, my family, well-wishers and my dear readers all over the world. Your service is incomparable and your reward is inestimable to me.
 In tandem with my work as a writer,  the Holy Qur'an says in Suratul Al-Hadid chapter 57 Verse 10 that:'' Those who spend in charity shall be richly rewarded''. I say as well that writing itself is a form of charity in which the writers share their wisdom to educate, inform, advocate for something, or persuade a particular group or people to accept something worthwhile .
Aside from writing and blogging, I teach as well exactly the way I speak and write truthfully, boldly and confidently. Since writing is not as lucrative as it should be in The Gambia: and the African continent at large.  I would like to reaffirm my commitment by quoting from one of my books entitled; ''SPIT OF MISERY'' which is my first poetry collection-- I said; 'all writers are critics but not all critics are writers'. I hope you will join me to make my birthday unforgettable.



 I am glad that it will soon come to an end. I always celebrate my birthdays by fasting( though this is something I just prefer doing), praying the five daily prayers correctly,  giving charity from the little I have; even if it means lacking--offering prayers to God, visiting  the grave and reminding myself about death.
However, I never solicited gifts from love ones and family  alike, although most of you ( them) suprise me with things I never expected. Since you never asked me about things I like for my birthday, I will tell you. I like to be simply reminded about God, eating dates( this, I don't hide, especially the dry one) or eating bush bay, locally call Tomborong or Seydem in Mandingo and Wolof, Maggariya or Daaray in Hausa and Djarma respectively. I also like reading , seeking forgiveness and showing people some gratitude.



When my lovely unforgettable Christian friends give me gifts of any kind, I thank them enough in the highest of manner because celebrating birthdays  involving cakes and other things, is  actually for them which I respect them for their religion: though some Muslims do the same which is good for them.
As I humbly thank everyone on my birthday, I am reminded about death which has no time or permission, and sadly,  most influential writers don't live long to eat from their sweat, or explain to us the content of their natural gift which they alone have.



 I wish William Shakespeare was around to tell me what did he mean by saying : " It is nobbler to forgive than to take revenge", or that Nigerian Chinua Achebe could have been alive to also tell me what he meant by saying : "If you don't like someone's story,  you write your own." I'm happy to know in Africa many people don't like stories bearing the truth;  or that writers who are very just and preach nothing but the truth. Achebe attested to that in the citation above.
Today, we live to read from these renowned authors whose lives we have no idea where and how they started: the power and sight they possed, to see beyond human thoughts,  to themselves opposed those I am opposing who are opposite God.



Time has come for the entire world to sconce the voice of splenative rheumatism, prescript enough as a requiem of religion than rather foaming bubbles of appurtenance on press and social media--gagging out our gait and carbuncle the bloody stains of our dying political cerements.
I'm so apoplexed with the measure of antic comments exasperating our collective savoury during birthdays of some fellow Muslims ; whatever it takes, celebration or thanksgiving; each does better for all. It's an imposthume to impawned our religious obligations with termagant non- Islamic practices ostentatiously oustretched to inoculate our perpend.

 

As a devoted Muslim,  my fellow Muslims all over the world will agree with me that Allah said know me before you worship Me. Evidences in the Qur’an and Hadith indicates that Muslims celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah ( adding partners to God) or innovation in religion, which has no grounded significance in Shari’ah ( Islamic Law and Jurisprudence ). In Islam, it is not accepted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah ( adding partners to God.)

The Qur'an tells us:

“Or have they partners with ALLAH (false gods) who have instituted for them a religion which ALLAH has not allowed…?” ( Al- Shoora, Quran chapter 42 verse 21 )


This does not mean we shouldn't celebrate our birthdays-- but celebrating them in a way contrary to Islam,  is forbidden for Muslims ONLY . The Qur'an says:

“Then We have put you (O Muhammad) on a plain way of (Our) commandment. So follow that, and follow not the desires of those who know not. Verily, they can avail you nothing against ALLAH (if He wants to punish you). Verily, the Zaalimoon (wrongdoers) are Awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but ALLAH is the Only Wali (Protector, Helper) of the Muttaqoon (pious).” ( Al-Jaathiyah, Holy Quran chapter 45 verse 18-19)


According to indisputable and highly authentic facts, the Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim).


In the service of  creative writing, blogging about the truth, philosophy, religion and this inexplicable natural gift from God I am endowed with; I cannot but always remain:

~Modou Lamin Age-Almusaf SOWE .




All Rights Reserved! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Should you wish to extract any of my articles for personal use, research, lectures, etc, kindly address your messages to: modoulaminsowe1@hotmail.com. Copying any of my articles without a written permission to, is an infringement of Copyright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...