Wednesday, October 5, 2016

THE BLACK DEVIL ( A Poem)




As I sat on a seat
My eyes saw nothing but a sin
To their family
My value is like rubbish in a bin
Twelve years of education
I am without a ring
Even the rim of success
My competence couldn’t swim;
My reality live in a world of dreams
Patience I have applied like a body-cream

Frustration told me to visit the sea
Without a second thought,
I agreed and don’t wait for my tea.
My intention,
To make my parents eat meat 'n not breads.
At the Banjul Sea port,
Our boat boarded shoes.
In a boat I must voyage
For a greener pasture
Even if it risk my life to be eaten by vultures.

The black devil is just more than an evil
Eating my flesh with claws sharper than that of an eagle
The ruler of the jungle
Has tasked the grasses with a VAT
How can I fly higher than a bat?
When hardship strikes
Many citizens will lack a voter’s card
But when political rallies are called
'N promises are made;

Ignorant citizens rejoice under the rain
He who can’t afford a car
How can he buy you a train?
Talented African youths always suffer in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...