Saturday, October 8, 2016

Early Marriage

There is a great difference between
Money and love,
Choice and option,
Force and conviction;
Encouragement and persuasion,
Father!

Why didn’t you allow me to complete my secondary education?
Why were you carried away by money?
Can money buy Love?
My success is now retarded,
My time wasted, and my age escalated.
Father!

Don’t you have any conscience?
Look at me, it's me, your only daughter
Why should I abandon a slave for a king?
That boy is the land-lord of my heart
And the king of my kingdom.
Father!

Did you forget the bag of rice he bought for you?
Why not you belch his food?
Now that you have emptied his pockets
Stranded his dignity and wealth
Who next to curse?
You can’t separate two corpses in the same grave
He alone I do love.

Father!
Why not you try to reason as usual?
Marriage has many pains
And I am too young to dance with many sorrows
What a suffering and pain
Do I have to undergo all in the nest of an early marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Man with No Friends

In the silence of the night, I weep For a life that seems so steep No friends to call my own Just enemies disguised in a friendly tone This ...